Music Banter - View Single Post - List all the bands you've seen live
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Ocean Colour Scene was my first gig, I was 17

The Phonics were actually really good the last time I saw them which was maybe two years ago. I'd completely grown out of them and wasnt interested by this point until I was offered a ticket for £10 and they played the majority of their first album which I loved back in school and it was like being 16 all over again.

The Who was 5 years ago, obviously i'm too young to have seen them back in the day but it was still great as it was before they then came and toured here (I saw them in Melbourne) and so I never thought I would get the opportunity.

The Futureheads were rubbish, I went because they were local lads.

The Libertines was without Pete Doherty.

The first time I saw KOL was at a festival. The second was a very disappointing hour and 15 minutes from a band with 3 albums charging £25ish a ticket which isnt good enough.

The Prodigy I have actually seen twice, but havent put that on my list. They were unbelievably good but i'm not sure if i liked them SO much because I dont usually go to gigs like that and it was something of a fairly new experience for me.

Green Day were festival headliners. I watched them mainly out of sheer curiosity.

The Strokes gig was when Julian was on crutches and couldnt stand. Took a little away from the gig but at the time I was living on This Is It so still fond memories. Same with Coldplay as at the time I was really into Rush of Blood to the Head.

I've only seen Kasabian once, at the Stadium of Light supporting Oasis. They were good but they arent a perfect fit just yet for such a big venue.

The Foo Fighters are a band I like when im in the mood but probably wouldnt go any further than that. Good poppy rock band though that do what they do well. Only seen at festivals again but they were bang on what you would expect or hope for from them. I feel the exact same way about RHCP.

The Killers were disappointing. Not bad but nothing great.

Babyshambles are a band I wouldnt bother going to see now. However they are a much better live band than their recordings would lead one to believe.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote