Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #218 (permalink)
TyrantSong
Didn't kill nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItCountry View Post
Hmmm, why come into a Country Music forum and BASH the Genre and all that it relates to? Have you people nothing better to do???

We are all different (thank God) and if it's not for you then fine - go somewhere where you can be positive about music instead of satisfying your need to be an ass***e!!!

I'm from Scotland and I love Country, always have. Honest, simple, good-lovin music with values. Something the world seems to have lost in many places. It's sad we no longer have CMT in this country - CMT Europe stopped broadcasting quite a few years ago now

It appears that every other music genre gets coverage, except Country. Hopefully with the current interest in Taylor Swift, Country will get more exposure. I find it laughable in the UK that radio stations here mock Country Music as some do in here, even though it has a massive following. If more country artists would come to the UK, maybe we could see a rise in popularity for the music. Hats off to Keith Urban, Sugarland, Toby Keith (Glasgow, 2009), Julie Roberts - BUT we need MORE! - The likes of Taylor, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts etc etc. Hurry guys - there IS an audience here waiting for you!!!

It's amazing the amount of people that hear country for the FIRST time and LIKE it!! Personally.............. I LOVE IT!!!

KEEP IT COUNTRY!!!
Garth Brooks is apparently hellishly popular in Ireland, apparently.

..if that counts for anything :P