Music Banter - View Single Post - bacon wrapped, deep fried, butter
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

this morning i had a present from an exboyfriend for my upcomming birthday

he sent me the download for the new lucero album,....its no secret that they are my favorite band

i've listened to it all day,.....and though i've held tenneesee in such high regaurds, i believe this may be my new favorite album

i've listened to it, and felt it, and fallen in love with it,...i've cried to it, and sang with it, and at one point rode around on old solitary tree lined dirt roads, as high as i could function, and just,......listened

so much of my life has been soundtracked to lucero, most of my relationships have had one 'album' that made sence to me during its course, and this newest album is very bitter sweet at the moment

ben nichols, pens in one the way he can, everything i want to say right now,....everything i want to say to brandon (the sailor who sent it to me in the first place), everything i want to say about the new developing relationships in my life, everything i want to say to my mother, of all people,......

on a musical note,...they've added horns, which at first scared me,....but the more i listen to it, the more it just works,....the more i'm happy to hear them,...
ben's voice seems to be clearer on this album, which sometimes tempers his brooding mood,....there's also alot of really fun melodies that lightens it more than the typical lucero sound,....even if the lyrical content remains as whiskey soaked as ever

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote