Music Banter - View Single Post - Owl City
Thread: Owl City
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Terrible Lizard
****ER OF HOLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
It appears only Gavin B. wrote these guys up in his journal.

This is what I wrote for Facebook's review.

"I can't tell if this song is super pansey or crazy ballin' but generally when I can't tell, that means its an aural gut-shot no one can dismiss completely...what I mean to say is "listen to this, it won't change your life, bu...t it will make your day."

Its like Mika if he grew up in Manchester, England. (he didn't grow up there, right?)"

I honestly can't believe Ethan wasn't blowing this **** up like coke in the 80's but he's been slipping lately. I'm big on math symbols to describe band so...

(6 pence none the richer - pop x Death Cab for Cutie + 0.5 x Postal Service) x the square root of the garden state soundtrack.

For Gamecube veterans who hang around Starbucks, probably debating whether Heath Ledger's death was due to drugs or seven months alone with a stack of graphic bookies. Then go driving around watching streetlights flash until bored enough in reverie to wonder if they'll ever do anything worth a spit, probably not.

So in saying that I think it's cute, but not something I long to hear with addiction.