Music Banter - View Single Post - Education Vs. Creativity
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
No, they don't. That's precisely what good schools don't want to do - they don't want to turn their students into 'another cog in the wheel.' Like I said, teacher training these days places so much emphasis on individuality, creativity, directional thinking, different ways of learning, etc. Everything I've seen in schools in Australia aims to teach students to be individual and creative and learn in the way that is most effective for them, rather than hypodermically learn knowledge like some kind of production line.

It's true that there are many schools out there that operate as businesses rather than facilitators of learning and creativity. But I can honestly say that most government schools over here encourage creativity and innovation and that this concept of schooling is heavily ingrained in teacher training as well.
Good schools.

I gotta admit, that was funny. I am of course talking from a strictly American viewpoint.

I dropped out of school in 3rd grade, and I can tell you for a fact that I'm smarter than most people I know with a high school education.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 09-25-2009 at 11:25 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote