Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundtrack to your Childhood...
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #85 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

I'm 16, so I guess all of the music I'm listening to now is the music of my childhood. I tend to look a few years back, when I was just getting into music as the music of my childhood, the stuff I look back and sometimes cringe at but still love. It was that period where I knew absolutely nothing about music (I still know noting in the big scheme of things) and everything was foreign and I was so ignorant of everything. For example, the first time I heard Reel Big Fish, I was blown away. I thought "Wow! I band that plays rock music with trumpets and horns! This must be the most original and groundbreaking band ever!" Boy was I wrong... But I love those memories.

I started out listening to a lot of popular pop punk bands, namely New Found Glory and Green Day. I also listened to Billy Talent a lot as well. Then later I discovered ska, starting with Reel Big Fish and from there started a long period of only listening to ska. I later started listening to a lot of classic rock from the 60s and 70s, mostly Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. I went through many individual phases, only listening to a few bands of a certain genre for a long time then moving on to the next, while occasionally revisiting old ones (I still do that today, but I don't really get stuck on a few bands, I try to explore every part of any genre and expand my tastes). Later I discovered System of a Down and Dillinger Escape Plan, which started a phase of only listening to hardcore music.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote