Music Banter - View Single Post - The Vinyl Collector's Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Certif1ed
Music Addict

Lightbulb The Vinyl Collector's Thread

So I'm a massive vinylholic who has to have a fix at least once a month - it would be more like once a week or even daily, but unfortunately, I have to think about cashflow like most people.

Unlike most people, I'm pretty obsessive about the stuff - but only, y'know, the discs of the stuff with music on - not like, wierd clothing and stuff.

I've got about 2,000 LPs at a guess, and a smaller quantity of singles - and I've been caught up in the recent wave of eBay selling that goes into anorak collector details, such as matrix numbers, stampers, cover printers and suchlike.

I thought it'd be kinda cool to do a "featured vinyl" post every now and again, and maybe address queries from those who have vinyls and are curious to find out their value.

I'm not an expert or a dealer - but I am obsessed with the stuff (I may have said...), so maybe I can come up with something - or maybe someone better informed than me can.

First "must-hear" vinyl is the First press of Led Zep's "II".

zep lemmon :: P6220671Medium.jpg picture by selvisssss - Photobucket

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...0639Medium.jpg

It's astonishing - and a first press can fetch as much as £700, although you can pick up a perfectly decent early press for £20 - and, if you've got a record player, it's the best £20 you'll ever spend.

Write-up to follow...

Last edited by Certif1ed; 09-28-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Certif1ed is offline   Reply With Quote