Music Banter - View Single Post - Ugly Things People Do/Wear To Look Attractive
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #367 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
For example, indecency laws in the U.S. force women to cover their chests while men can go out in public shirtless (regardless of the size of *their* breasts). This sexist law is the same in theory, although not in degree, as laws in conservative Muslim countries that force women to cover their whole bodies/hair/even faces. If men can be topless, than women should be able to be topless, also. If men can show their hair, then women should be able to, also.

If people feel it is attractive for women to cover up their bodies/breasts in public, then that should be a *choice* and not one that is forced on women. I feel that women covering the body in the name of fashion/decency is unattractive not because of appearance but because of the underlying belief that the sexes do not deserve the same rights and privileges...a belief that I find extremely unattractive.
Now that's a feminist statement I can get behind.

Oh, out of curiousity, what's your opinion on women shaving their heads? Because I think what you're saying applies to that as well.

Even putting aside the fact that I have a huge fetish for it, it just seriously confuses me as to why women are expected to shave every part of their body yet when they shave their heads it's some horrifying abomination against god and nature that should be shunned upon. Where's the consistency in that?

But of course guys can do it, and when they do it are they compared to cancer patients or nazi skinheads? Um no. I guess their excuse is that they're too vain to just let people notice that they're going bald naturally, what a bunch of hypocritical douchebags.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 09-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote