Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #933 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
as for 20 year old games. they didn't candy coat everything to appease the generation of kids who've had everything spoonfed to them (nevermind that you can't write using a pen by the end of highschool, we can't fail you because it might be detrimental to your self-esteem, hope you don't get a job that requires you to ever write anything someone else might have to read). unlimited continues was rarely heard of and just getting extra continues was something you unlocked using a cheat code, that you had to find in a magazine - IF you got lucky.

the idea that they couldn't / didn't pack a game with content 20 years ago is absurd. all the art assets might not have been pre-rendered high def images and the cutscenes might have looked like comic book panels instead of hollywood staffed CGI scenes but the actual game content was most definitely there - in spades.

I'm not saying they couldn't pack content, I'm just saying that because of the technical limitations, very few of them take more than an hour to beat on a speed run (that is if you're a pro), aside from the RPGs and a big part of that was because of all the backtracking involved.

I do have to say though, while I like hard games, I like that games now have unlimited continues, I mean the lack of continues that some old games had was just freaking ridiculous.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 09-30-2009 at 03:51 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote