Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #2585 (permalink)
lieasleep
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpo View Post
It's the only song of theirs I've connected with on any level. It has elements of Dream Pop and Shoegaze, both of which I love. If anyone can point out other individual songs, I'll give them another listen, but as it stands it's currently their only one I like.

And although I don't like Radiohead, I think it's safe to say I am allowed to call them overrated in the same breath. A quick look at any music forum on the internet, or a stats page on last.fm exposes their fanatical worldwide following, which in my mind is both undeserved and surprising. Thus, overrated.
yes, but at the same time i do love them but because they are interesting, creative, and powerful, always sticking to it for the love of music and always striving to do something different. you can't say that about a lot of bands, i can honestly think of a dozen that fit that description. there are plenty of bands that i don't personally like but can respect or appreciate, those bands are not my taste. if you call radiohead overrated then i think that a bit ignorant.

also, fanatical worldwide following doesn't mean anything at all. popularity doesn't mean critically acclaimed. radiohead is critically acclaimed but still they have really deserved what popularity they do have.