Music Banter - View Single Post - Nostradamus
Thread: Nostradamus
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Default Nostradamus

Ah yes, Nostradamus. The world's most reknown writer of mad libs.

I will say, the guy was certainly pretty bright, I think he was clever enough to make all these predictions that are so vague that any idiot can apply it to anything.

And you gotta love how a prophecy is only discovered "after" the fact.

The way people decode prophecies like it's a game of scrabble is just hilarious. Here's a modern example.

Quote:
Obama = Mabus the third antichrist

Obama (phonetically pronounced “ouBama”) = Ubama = maabu = Mabu, etc. Add then the one missing letter by replacing the redundant “a” and you get Mabu(s).
Can't you do this with virtually anyone?

Quote:
I was stunned to see on barackobama.com an article titled "Mabus to advise Obama on Middle East issues" (see). I took note that Obama's birthday is August 4, 1961 or 8-4-61. Add six months to get 2-4-62, the birthday Nostradamus gives the third antichrist. Could that the the thrid six in 6-6-6?

What? One, I didn't know he could give specific dates like that and two, that's WAY off, 6 months isn't just a minor oversight especially if he took the time to give an exact date.

Seriously, so he's born 6 months before the antichrist is to be born, that must make him the antichrist? Makes sense to me.

If you really believe this guy was a prophet, you can't just take a BS prophecy and "correct" it by changing it completely. When the guy actually gives exact dates and not a goddamn thing happens you can't just say "well he got the date wrong."

Got the date wrong? Are you kidding me? Some f*cking prophet that is.

And the fact that people still make the 666 connections even though it's been proven that the real number is 616 shows just how bogus all this crap is.

So? What is your opinion on the guy? Was he just an idiot that got lucky or was he a super genius who came up with a great way to pull a fast scam on superstitious idiots even centuries after his death. I'm pretty much convinced it's the latter.

Darkest Hours is gonna luuuuuuuuv this.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote