Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that make me want to headbutt everything
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #43 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
The Wii appears to be entirely dependant on you continuously having a group of people to share your videogaming experience with, everyone huddled around the tv, shaking the WiiMote furiously like bumbling idiots.
But it didn't quite please everyone, did it?

Today I went to HMV to find a new game for my Wii. I scowered the shelves, and found nothing but limp-looking quiz games and Sea Bass Fishing. Which was made by Sega. My childhood has been shat upon.
What?! You don't like the excitement and thrills of Sea Bass fishing?!

I chortled at your description of people playing Wii huddled around the TV shaking the WiiMote furiously like bumbling idiots, because that's exactly what it looks like to me when I see people playing Wii. I call the gaming system "Wii-Wii"...as in "I have to go Wee-Wee," because I think it is piss-awful, especially when it is advertised as a way to keep kids healthy because Wii "makes them move." To me it looks like Wii is just trying to teach a whole new generation the grand skill of making tiny tots suffer from Shaken Baby Syndrome.

Of course, my disdain for Wii may come from the fact that I appear to lack the "gaming" chip from my brain. I was satisfied enough with Pong when I played it centuries ago, when it first came out, but since then I have never felt the urge to play any video game.

*My* big gaming gripe is with these "Rock Band" games where you are supposed to buy all these fake instruments and fake-play other people's music...and the whole game costs about as much as a real electric guitar!!! GAA! A solid wall of some gaming store in my area is filled with boxes of "Rock Band" games. Meanwhile, a real music store not far away scrabbles for existence.

P.S. I agree with you about the dangers of doors. I once got my thumb broken by a big heavy door.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote