Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that make me want to headbutt everything
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I played Guitar Hero III yesterday, fun stuff, and I think the criticism of it is stupid. I hate all these metalhead douchebags who constantly whine "Why don't you just get a real guitar?".

Obviously Guitar Hero is not meant to be a substitute for the real thing, it's just a game and anyone who thinks they can play a real guitar because they beat Guitar Hero is clearly an idiot.
Couldnt agree more. You know the only difference between Guitar Hero/Rock Band and any other rhythm game is that these games came with controllers styled as a guitar rather than the old school standard controllers? The premise is the same.

The price may be a little much admittedly, and expanding from just the guitar to guitar, bass, drums and mic MAY be taking it a little too far (?) but its just for fun at the end of the day.

EDIT: And i dont have Rock band or the FULL Guitar Hero by the way, i just have GH2 and GH3 with one lone guitar controller but if i could actually afford ALL of the gear and decided to buy it, it would still be for shits and giggles rather than thinking i could actually play of the real instruments.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote