Music Banter - View Single Post - who invented punk
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 09:48 AM   #65 (permalink)
phoenixflames
Something That You're Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
/\ I could but I won't. If we came to a conclusion that was easy this wouldn't be a deabte it would be a question. Because its hard, its a deabte. And no your not taking part in the deabate, you need to stay within the parameters. To participate, you'd have to state an answer and maybe back it up with facts. Saying it won't have a dfinitive end is not debating.

In elections if a candidate says "Hmm thats a tough question that probably won't have one answer" no one would say he/she A.) Answered the question or B.) furthered the debate.
Debates aren't always questions with hard conclusions. They are just subjects with differing opinions (often hotly contested). And in reality, how are you going to back up your opinion with a "fact" on a subject like this? Most of it is all opinion, or peoples interpretation of facts.

Since our own little "debate" has gone off topic, I'm not going to post any more about it. My original post was within the parameters of this debate, and I stand by it.
We're from Ohio.
Yay for us...
www.theascentofterrion.com
Be our friend on MySpace
phoenixflames is offline   Reply With Quote