Music Banter - View Single Post - The Libertines
Thread: The Libertines
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #149 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
I've been feeling nostalgic and have been giving there second album another go, and I still like it better than their debut. There's just something about that their debut doesn't have. It feels so loose, like it's on the fringe of collapse that makes it a more interesting and rewarding listen, for me anyway. It's the sound of a band in the throws of death.
Are you serious? The thing that puts me off the second album is that it sounds too cohesive, and you can feel the sheen of good production all over it. Up The Bracket was raw and what you'd want from a band post-Strokes.

And in response to The Libertines reformation, I think that when it does happen it'll probably be the final bucket over water thrown over what is now a simpering fire. Pete Doherty is now pretty much a caricature of Pete Doherty (even though his solo effort was actually pretty good) and the less said about the Dirty Pretty Things recent output the better. In my opinion, they're both irrelevant now. Pete's best off throwing out lo-ki albums every now and again whilst Carl should carry on with his films, or whatever he's doing. I've never been a massive fan of Carl anyway so whatever he does I couldn't give a sh*t.