Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #402 (permalink)
Wrymwood
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

60: The fact that games are getting way too easy

Why are games so easy now? I'll tell you why.

First off, gamers are getting more stupid everyday, they're now spoonfed on getting their instant gratification as soon as the game starts, rather than work for it.

I read a sh*tty review for the first Metroid and it made my head hurt. "WHY IS THERE NO OVERHEAD MAP WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!, I GET LOST THIS GAME SUX".

Gee, is it too damn hard to make your own damn map? Because back in the old days that's what we did, we didn't have game guides, no internet, no walkthroughs or sh*t like that, just the game manual which simply told us how to get started and nothing else. Metroid is a game that puts emphasis on exploring, navigating and puzzle solving, where is the fun if you just let a game guide or walkthrough explain everything you're supposed to do?

Just because you have no patience for a game that requires it dosen't make it a bad game, that and I think you just suck at games that actually require some kind of thought process.

There was also this idiot who complained that the controls to StarFox 64 made it too hard to play. ARE YOU GODDAMN KIDDING ME?

Are modern gamers that f*cking useless? They can't even fly a damn Arwing?

In the older days, to compensate for short games they made them extra hard, this is why so many NES games are legendary for their difficulty, they kept the replay value high even if a game was only 6 levels, it seems that the bigger games get the less needed it is for the game to be really challenging.

It's nothing against easy games, some of my favorite games are very easy, like Mario, Sonic, Kirby, most old school beat em ups. I would just like to see more modern games offer the kind of challenges that even now only the classics seem to offer.

I just think it's funny when 360 and PS3 fanboys complain that modern Nintendo games are too easy, when games like GTA and Halo are just as easy if not more so. These guys just don't know what hard really is. So instead of calling classic games crap because you suck ass at them, just stick to your "mature" games that spoonfeed you everything because you're too retarded to figure out anything on your own.

Devil May Cry has brought some of that back.