Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #2002 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

(1980)
Just above average, intriguing post-punk album by a very well-read and sometimes misunderstood iconic personality, if you enjoy the acclaimed run of albums preceding this (the Idiot, Lust For Life, New Values) you could do alot worse. I really like Iggy Pop, shame his output hasn't been too consistent (to put it nicely) since this album
Bowie puts in an appearance, Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols is on bass. Sometimes the band is on fire, but it falls off in th second half somewhat. Fans only I'd say.
7/10

(1990)
Iggy's best selling album apparently, and it's easy to hear why. Solid songwriting, undoubtedly billed as another 'return to his roots' at the time of release... I wouldn't call it that exactly (see: duet ballad with Kate Pierson of the B-52's), but many of the tracks are instantly memorable and a return to form; and you get some classic mid-tempo Iggy riffage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzA0...eature=related
The artwork is so good that even were it a terrible album you'd feel obliged to force yourself to like it. Lyrically there is a loose concept to the album as well methinks
8.5/10

edit: a biopic entitled 'the Passenger', with Elijah Wood playing Iggy, is slated for 2010...

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 10-05-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote