Music Banter - View Single Post - Einstürzende Neubauten albums
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Default Einstürzende Neubauten albums

Reviews:
1981 - Kollaps
1983 - Zeichnungen des Patienten O.T.
1985 - Halber Mensch
1987 - Fünf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala

Ratings system:
I am now rating albums in retro game sprites (whose characteristics I feel in some
way reflect the album. Maybe.), and in binary operators: maximum score is three
plus signs '+++'. The lowest score is, theoretically, three minuses '---'.
If a plus sign is followed by a minus this indicates a half point. E.g. '+-' = 1 and a half out of 3

For lack of a truly inventive idea for a thread... Here I will be making my way through (at the very least) the 80's output of Blixa Bargeld's long-running, innovative, experimental-industrial group Einstürzende Neubauten ('collapsing new buildings').
For a couple of decades Bargeld alternated between this, his original band, and his central role within the Bad Seeds (Nick Cave's band). He has since left that group to focus on Neubauten, who apparently were the first band to offer a web-based subscription service to their fans(?). Their sound has varied over the years from minimalist, punishing noise to dark ambient and even something resembling electronic pop along the way. The idea is that I am writing this now so I have to see it through. If anybody else is dying to review one of their albums for this please PM me x

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 10-18-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote