Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:09 AM   #135 (permalink)
Kukuma
Groupie

Hello you guys! I stumbled across this blog and you made my last weeks really great! so much of new music... I know 16HP for about 2 years now and am a great fan of Eugene Edwards, seen Wovenhand live twice, but wasn`t really into the Denver Sound / Gothic Americana or what the hell to call it. Especially you Pete, you give a lot of effort and I really wanna thank you!
I wish I could offer some great artists of this genre but they are all already mentioned. But maybe you give Svarrogh a short listen, might find them by googeling, they are not quiet country, not quiet anything at all, but sometimes I like their dark style very much! (some of their albums are a bit Metal, thats for one to like or not, I don`t...). And does anybody know Jason Webley? He's kind of a Tom Waits figure, not as good as the good old guy but really ok! And another band I`d like to mention is DarkDarkDark - please guys, listen to it!
I hope you don't already know these three bands, so I could bring something new to you like you did to me...
And another thing: is anybody out there who's got Jay Munlys "Blurry" and "Galvanized Yankee" ? And something by the Denver Broncos ?
Kukuma is offline   Reply With Quote