Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musical Thoughts of +81
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Great stuff, man. I love Descendents.

I have a similar story regarding Descendents' Hallraker: Live! album. It was Junior year of high school. A buddy and I were into metal and alternative rock like Primus and Faith No More for the most part. Metallica was the ****. We liked Misfits too, and that was really the extent of my exposure to punk. One day he found this tape in the school parking lot. He told me later "hey, I found this tape." We both looked at it and shrugged our shoulders, not knowing what it was. We proceeded to hop in my mom's car (me driving...not my mom). Popped the tape in. Hella fun from the get-go! Amazing tape! Just like you, we probably played it 5 times through on the first sitting, driving around and having a blast. The tape honestly didn't leave my tape deck for a week, and make frequent returns thereafter. Such fun music! So I really consider it the tape that got me into punk, and dare I say it 'pop punk' like the Fat Wreck stuff in the 90s.