Music Banter - View Single Post - The Makings of a Good Band
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
BTown
super cool

I like bands that aren't afraid to not play it safe. Lyrically like there to be purpose, I hate hearing about girls from the same band every song or something sappy like that.
I like a variety of things, when i'm in a chill mood I love listening to the distorted sound of Grunge guitars with slurred vocals. I also am a fan of the eerie feel some songs give off.

Other time I like listening to more upbeat music like Ska. I'm not tobig on band's recordings being really polished but I cn make an exception for ska and reggae.

80's punk has always been a favorite of mine, I'm not really sure as to what atracts me to it, maybe it's just that DIY work ethic and how the recordings aren't so great. That I don't give a **** attitude.

Sometimes listening to bland music is actually ok for me, I consider stuff like Pavement and the Pixies to be kind of bland. Bland is usually associated as bad but I can't think of many other ways to describe these bands, minus using generic genres.

I have yet to really find one heavy metal band I like although they are many metal songs I like.

I like being lost in thought while music is being played and stuff like this just really makes me feel..well, lost. And yea I know it's stoner music.