Music Banter - View Single Post - Bang your head to 50 great albums.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Default Bang your head to 50 great albums.

Terrible title I know! The idea of this thread is to provide a countdown of my favourite 50 Metal albums. I have started a few fave album threads in various guises without attaining personal gratification but this is a genre I feel I can give justice to.

There is a small amount of criteria. I won't include bands that have adopted a Metal sound through their history so this would include artists as diverse as Porcupine Tree (who began life as a prog band) or D.R.I (who began as a Hardcore Punk Band).

I will however include every genre attatched to the metal genre no matter how splintered their sound may have become as long as the original sound was metal. Prog/Thrash/Death/Speed/trad etc are all included in this list.

I am hoping that a few albums that slipped through the net first time around may get more notice but also provide a 'fan's' list and not a cliched run down of the usual suspects.

Also the fact that a band is low down on the list shouldn't reduce it's merit as I have around 500 metal albums and it's a difficult task choosing!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote