Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #4193 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Seen it! It didn't scare me, but it was a good movie I thought. I probably won't watch it again. Someone else here mentioned [REC] as well which is similar in that it's supposed to look like it's documenting real life happenings. For some reason, I just don't find these movies spooky (same goes for Blair Witch), but my GF absolutely hates them. [REC] did very little for me, but she was so creeped out she had to watch something a little nicer before she went to bed.

It's not because I'm so resistant to scares - other movies may creep me out but these do very little for me.
no it's not that great, some good suspense though and a couple of memorable images... plus it's worth watching for the tin foil guy. i guess blair witch remains the best example of the home video horror (?). Noroi requires a bit more suspension of disbelief to sit through; i think it's characteristic of many average Japanese horrors in that they just try to cram too many supernatural cliches into one film and it tests your acceptance of this particular 'world'.
Haven't really been spellbound by a J-horror since Ring =(

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote