Music Banter - View Single Post - Singing
Thread: Singing
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certif1ed View Post
My number one tip to ALL singers is HUM.

There are a whole load of things you can do with this simple device - the first is simply to find a note you're comfortable with (and this can change from day to day).

There was another good tip mentioned above - warming up is ESSENTIAL for a singer.

Humming scales works, before using vocalisations.
Hi Certif1ed,
Your recommendation made me smile because it is exactly what I heard on an online singing tutorial video: the instructor said that some opera singing school only lets students hum during the whole first year! During the second year, they finally get to sing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Ah Erica.

xD

I love you too much.
Aww...you are as sweet as sugar! If I were to name you, I would call you AwwSugar! Wait a minute. That sounds familiar. Oh.

I'm testing out my list of singing tips currently and will now add a sixth:

Tip (6): Sing with other people.

I have taken my own advice, because I just managed to get recruited to play a role in the reading/singing of a new musical. Doing this musical should be interesting, because my last acting experience was in 4th grade, when I had the lead role of Mrs. Santa Claus in a feminist 70s play about Christmas (ahh...the good ol' 70s!). Now I get to play a 19-year-old and sing 3 solos and a bunch of duets. I'm curious to see if I'll crash and burn during the performance, or whether my singing tips worked!

And now I must go hum, because we have a rehearsal in 40 minutes.

--Veg
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote