Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that DEFINE Metal
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certif1ed View Post
It's also cool the way you broke it down into style, etc - although the first use of the term was not Steppenwolf, but Spooky Tooth/Art a year earlier

That's the kind of thing - I'm going to look at more bands/songs/albums the way I did with Motorhead/Lemmy and make the case for them being the ultimate definition, and break it down into more granularity - and it'd be cool to see other cases being made the same way.

Look at it as a kind of game, if you like, of who can provide the most convincing case.

I'm also looking for people to take things really seriously and say stuff like "u r all losers, dont u know that Slipknot rulez????" or some trollish stuff like that so I can have a good laugh.

hahaha i can get behind this idea although i'm not much for metal anymore.

what's the deal with spooky tooth? never heard of them or their metal claim - but i'm quite curious now hehe. as far as i've always known the 'heavy metal thunder' line from Born to be Wild was the first use of the term in lyrics. prior to that some journalists compared Jimi Hendrix's 'exp' track (the psychedelic noise opener to Axis: Bold as Love) to the sound of heavy metals falling from the sky and (supposedly) marked the first time the terms were used to describe music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote