Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Female Metal Singer
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
punkrawker07
Music Addict

i'm disappointed with such a short list of which none of them i would classify as the best female metal singer. I guess it also depends on your idea of a metal singer. in my opinion a metal singer should be able to at least growl/scream once in a while.

tarja is a great singer but i wouldn't call her a metal singer. I think nightwish is an amazing band and tarja was better than annette but it's opera metal to me and tarja is an opera/fantastic vocalist but i bought her solo album and it shouldn't have even been in the metal section.

alissa white-gluz of the agonist is my personal favorite female metal singer. she's got a great voice for clean vocals and one hell of a growl/scream ranging from low growls to the high intese scream. angela glassow and morgan lander are also great female metal vocalists. i just heard a song from a band called orphan hate and was quite impressed as well with the vocals.

I definitely think the list needs to be expanded as there are numerous vocalists out there better then anyone on this list and to limit the female vocalists to 5 doesn't do them justice. just my 2 cents
punkrawker07 is offline   Reply With Quote