Music Banter - View Single Post - Philly's top 50 artists...let the hate flow through you!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I like most of those bands. I would've left off The Who, AC/DC, Greenday, Nirvana, and Metallica for being sell outs - imo. Not that there is anything wrong with selling out, REM sold out with Shining Happy People, but I still them, especially their older stuff like Gardening at Night. The Who were cool when they were Mod before they sold out as Rock Opera, blah. Metallica were cool when they were Thrash but sold out too, I don't care for them. And I only like Van Halen with David Lee Roth, they kinda sold out around 1984 - the album not the year. I heard somewhere Pearl Jam never sold out so Kudos to you for posting a band that didn't sell out.

You mention a lot of great bands, and that is the more important thing. I like the fact you've included The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Rancid, in your list, totally unrelated bands - cool taste in music.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards