Music Banter - View Single Post - Heaviest Albums
Thread: Heaviest Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #109 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I prefer Australasia, too, but a friend gifted me their DVD last year and I was mortified with the live footage I saw. They were so boring. Even worse, their crowd sucked more than they did. I mean, you can only do so much as a Pelican show, but the monotony killed it for me. I actually stopped listening to them for awhile until a couple days ago. For awhile I was searching for instrumental post-rock bands with more dimension to it than the typical droney riffs and melodic breakdowns. OK, I'm getting off topic now. Stop.
It's true - boring band live. I saw them on a recent tour with ISIS. Tombs opened (and were great). Pelican followed and were boring. ISIS kicked ass as usual. Pelican have made some very good albums but their metal/post rock thing bores me (a lot) after a while. I seriously was looking at my watch when Pelican played - and I probably won't even listen to their latest album..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Ah thats kind of disappointing. I've never seen Pelican but I would have expected quite a lively show...well, lively for a post-rock band anyway.
There was liveliness in the crowd - and to me it highlighted the crappiness of the music. People were so eager to raise their fists and bang their heads that they would do it as soon as any heavy riff wandered in to any song. It made me kinda embarrassed for the crowd and the band.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote