Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #9954 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I'm sorry about your neck darlin, taken any aspirin or anything yet?

can i just tell you about my day/night? please just let me tell you about my night,....

yesterday, my best guy friend jake and i embark on a trip to keithville lousiana to his his uncle phil's band play,...
on the way we decide to stop in carthage, where he went to high school and see some old friends,...

so we get on the road about 12:30 pm,.....buy two six packs of new castle for the road, a pack of smokes for the both of us, and then night before jake rounded us up some pot,....

the drive to carthage is about 3, 3 and a half hours

we briefly talk about his now ended relationship, and his immediate future plans (he has if he can move in with me,.....worst case sanario)

mostly we just drove and smoked, which is one of my very favorite things about jake,...he never forces me to talk and we can sit in silence for hours just listenin to music, makein the occasional comment about the world around us, and just coexsist

when we make it to carthage we kill some time before his friends get off work, he takes me to his old house, we ride some dirt roads, stop by and visit the grandmother of one of his close friends,...she columbian, and wonderful, i immediately love her

we go to goodwill, where i made him buy two really great old jackets a vest

then we head over to this kid, larkin's, house,....i knew the moment i saw him i was gonna love him too, and the red flannel lumber jack shirt he had on
we talk about astrology most of the rest of the day, and his crazy girlfriend,....exchange numbers and decide we are now friends for life

i then meet his two other friends kobo and santiago,....they all tell me stories about jake and our other mutual friend maxwell, i loved hearin their high school stories

we then make plans to meet up after the show, but i decided larkin is goin with is

we get to this tiny little bar they band is playin at around 8,....i meet a fat man named butter ball who introduced me to bayou bombs (jager and root beer)

i love bayou bombs,...

jakes uncle gets there, we help load in,...i get immediate cool points because i know how to plug things in,...

the openin band plays country radio hits and i want to kill myself,...a head ache starts to set in,...its been cold and rainy all day, my dumb ass has worn flip flops, and i start to feel sick,....

the bar owner makes friends with us, jake smokes him out, we drink free the rest of the night

bring on the bayou bombs

from then it gets all alittle fuzzy,....i remember jake's dancein with random chicks, and he's a horrible dancer,....the next thing i know he's disapeared only to find out later he's gotten head from two different women, separately,....thats not the jake i know, but what the hell,...he needs it i suppose (bad break up and all) so i just pat him on the back, get him another beer, and join the band on stage to sing zepplin's 'babe i'm gonna leave you'

dan the bass player,...i do love bass players,....rescues me from the clutches of butter bean,.....jakes fallin over in his chair

we left the bar about 3,....we had planned on stayin with phil and the band, but jake tells me has has to work the next day and i decide that is a bad idea

larkin drives back to carthage,...i sleep in the back seat (i love jake for havin that sleepin bag),....jake throws up most of the way there,.....and it ****s my neck up

we drop larkin off, i lay jake down in the back seat, cover him up, and get on the road

i call mikey to keep me up, i'm still kinda ****ed up, and east texas roads are scarein the hell outa me,...

for the first 20 mins all i can think in my head is tom petty singin "got the windows rolled down,....i was drivin"

i finally find a starbucks around 5:30, i hear jake movein around so i ask if he wants anything,...he then tells me he wants a grilled chicken snack wrap, i relay that it is 530 and thats not gonna happen,...he decides if he cant have a ****in grilled chicken snack wrap he doesnt want a god damn thing,....i pull the covers up around him and he goes back to sleep,...

i drive the last hour home,....

when i got to my car, i woke him up, gathered my stuff, asked what he wanted to do, he said he was gonna sleep a few more hours and then go to work,....right on
i killed the car, set his alarm clock, left the keys in it and got my ass to the house

but my neck still hurts

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote