Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey
Thread: Hey
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Default Hey

Hey just a quick introduction, i joined this forum by chance but after looking around i think i might stick around, i need people to talk about music with lol.

My favourite genres? i listen to rock and rap most but in all honesty i love pretty much any genre that there is. Only genre i dislike is techno/dance/trance whatever you want to call it (although i've still managed to find a couple of songs from that genre that i enjoy). Also most pop girl band/boy bands (spice girls, girls aloud, westlife all that sort of stuff).

Although i know this really annoys a lot of fans and music lovers, i constantly refer to metal bands, hard rock bands, nu-metal bands, indie bands ect as simply "rock" there's far to many sub genres now for me to really care about so i try and keep it simple, so don't be annoyed if i turn around and say metallica is rock lol, i mean no offense by it.

Oh and just to be clear i don't play any instruments or anything, i just love listening to music. I find that every "genre" has something to offer, something that the other genres can do but can't do as well as that specific genre. For example;

Rock (all forms) - can evoke feelings/emotions on a scale that no other genre can do (overall)

Rap - can express thoughts, feelings, opinions and help to tell stories like no other genre can do (overall)

Classical - can create an atmosphere that no other genre can do (overall)

the list goes on and remember this is just my opinion^ I'm not stating it as fact it's just how i feel about the genres.

so... my not so quick introduction is over. See you around the forums.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote