Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Most Tedious Off Topic Discussion On MusicBanter
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

I dunnae come on here to talk about politics and would be out of my depth if i did, but it feels like some of the more popular lounge threads detract from the, er, music banter. Like when you are eating your fist with boredom and the only posting is going on in a thread about Kant's balls or Obama's peace prize - if i want that i'll go and read the corresponding Guardian article and watch the usual schisms form in the comments boxes. Current affairs (especially US politics) is available 24/7 at the push of a button, it's all anybody talks about in my real life (if you are british 'current affairs' principally means the f*cking weather) and nobody has a f*cking clue about music... this is the void that MB fills on good days.
Having said that it strengthens the community to have a diverse set of topics available and i like the film thread, so i shouldnt complain really =P But there are some prominent long-time members whose music tastes i still have not worked out which says something. you have yer lounge lizards and yer music people and that's always been the way

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote