Music Banter - View Single Post - Nostradamus
Thread: Nostradamus
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazi Kat View Post
All of this prophecy and 2012 stuff is something I can usually just sit back and laugh at, but now its getting on my nerves because it's actually affecting me by ruining the History channel for me. All I've been seeing lately is specials on the antichrist, Nostradamus and 2012, and now the channel even has an entire show based on this crap, "The Nostradamus Effect." My sense of humor can't take it anymore. Hearing the channel constantly spew out crap regarding vague prophecies about fire, destruction and starvation and then having some history guy go "That stuff is happening right now, Nostradamus predicted it," just doesn't make me laugh anymore. This is no longer just an isolated burst of idiotic conspiracy theory, its become much, much more terrible.
Yeah, I like to laugh at it but at the end of the day it's incredibly disturbing the amount of people who not only believe in the end of the world, but the fact that so many people desperately want it to happen.

That for me is more terrifying than anything the Bible or Nostradamus could diss out.

I think History Channel has gone to crap way before this whole Nostradamus trend though, for a while it was nothing but Hitler and UFOs, and at least Hitler actually has something to do with history.

At this point the History Channel is about on the equal educational level of say, Nickelodeon.

No wait, I take that back. I've learned more about marine biology from watching episodes of Spongebob Squarepants than I have learned about History from anything currently on that self parody of a network.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 10-11-2009 at 10:55 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote