Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #112 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Good little write up there Flowerchild. "Who Is She", "These Are Our Children" and "Daydream in Blue" are easily the best songs off that album, however the album is as solid as a slab of hardened concrete. I really need to learn more about the artists that they're sampling and/or working with on these albums. They have one of the most unique sounds as far as electronic music goes and is incredibly easy for everyone to listen to. I've managed to get metal heads, hip hoppers, and punks altogether and enjoy the sounds of that album (marijuana helped too but not that much). Great little write up, if I come across some artists similar to them I'll be sure to send them your way.
Thanks, Pete. I completely agree with you when you say that about anybody could get into this album. Before you got me into I Monster, I had a much different interpretation of what I thought electronic was like- just a bunch of synthesized sounds completely empty of emotion, but this band has really changed my mind about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
This is a great review. I've only heard Daydream In Blue but I was really obsessed with it for awhile, I'll definitely have to check out the rest of the abum. You're Bob Dylan review was fantastic as well. I really need to read this thread more often.
Hey alright, I like hearing that. Keep on checking in, good buddy.

Last edited by Flower Child; 10-12-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I use the word "completely" way too much. Had to fix that
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote