Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #93 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Something I put together:

HDD 1000.0 GB SEAGATE, SATA, 32MB c., 7200 okr./min,
DVD±RW LG GH22NS, 22x, SATA, Dual layer, black, bulk
RAM PC-10600, 2 GB, KINGMAX, DDR3 1333 MHz
Cooler ARCTIC-COOLING Freezer 64 Pro PWM, socket 754/939/940/AM2
Power 400W, CORSAIR CX Series CMPSU-400CXEU, ATX2 v2.2, 120mm vent.
MBO GIGABYTE MA785GMT-UD2H, 785G/SB710, DDR3, sound, SATA, VGA, RAID, G-LAN, FW, HDMI, PCI-E, mATX, s. AM3
CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 250 BOX, s. AM3, 3.0GHz, 2MB c.
Casing COOLERMASTER Elite 331, MIDI,

Any thoughts? Will it work? Anything clashing? Didn't put a separate graphics or audio card as I think the MBO already has both...

Looks good.
If you selected those parts at one of those build-your-rig sites, you don't have to worry about mismatching, as they usually only provide options that work together when you're selecting your parts. If you're not using one of those sites, your main concern is whether your motherboard supports all the components that are going to be interfacing with it. Yours does, so no worries in that dept.

A terrabyte of HDD storage is PLENTY. You won't be running out of space any time soon. But if I could make a suggestion: Instead of a single terrabyte drive, you may want to split that between two physical drives. It's a good idea to back up your data and store a copy of that backup on another physical drive in case one craps out on you. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had practiced that in the past.

With your setup, 400 watt PSU should be sufficient as well. No worries there.

CPU is plenty fast enough. I'm not an AMD guy, but that's just me.

Now just promise you'll use XP and not Vista, and you're golden. lol..