Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #102 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
^I'm really tired of ipods and I don't want to spend a ****load onanother touch because the only IPod I can see well are the touches due to my awful vision, and i also like the Zune interface a lot more.
Do you know of any free converters? Also, would I have to convert one by one or can I do all of it at the same time?
You know, there are other MP3 players out there besides iPOD and Zune. You should try scouting around and weighing your options. Might even save a lot of money that way. But if you're committed to getting a Zune, then definitely spend some time researching free format converters.
I don't know any music-related converters offhand, as I don't have a use for them, but I know there are plenty out there. Unless you're asking me to Google something for you, then the best advice I can give is to spend some time searching until you find something that meets your needs.

And yes, most format converters allow for batch conversion, which lets you select any number of files of a specific file type, and converts them one after another without any user intervention. Most often, the only interaction you have with format converters are the setup of your output file specifications, and identifying the files you want to be converted.

It's a very straightforward process. You just have to find a program that meets your needs. The rest will be self explanitory.