Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #171 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

mmk, i lost who asked this of me...but i believe that God "intervenes" through humans. His existence doesn't depend on us by any means...but we are "his hands and feet" (it says that somewhere in the bible....i need to read up on that stuff) and effectively the medium for communication.
As for the old testament.... well i think the events described therein are so radically different from what we see today because the people have changed, not God. People then were more open to such things...not neccesarily because they had been raised to believe in the God that asserted himself (a lot of them hadn't), but because they relyed more on their spirituality as a way to survive. People were still the medium for communication, but the tunnel wasn't so small....does that make sense??

Lately i have become quite outraged at the typical american/european/australian (basically first world countries) christian.
The miracles of the new testement...we tend to get all uptight because they just don't happen anymore...but the truth is they ARE, just in the places where there is sufficient faith and need...ie third world countries. The way we live our lives (in general) is so blasted hypocritical that i can't even wrap my mind around it.
My family decided to have "bible time" this last sunday...and dont get me wrong, i think its great...in fact the decision is probably long over-due...but we are just sooo bad at it. No connection with God, no connection with eachother...nothing. And its just as much my fault as anyone elses. It just makes me deeply deeply sad.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote