Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 AM   #177 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
I think she means that Catholics have been historically more conservative in their beliefs ( i.e toward abortion and science), while "Christians" are more liberal towards social issues? Christianity isn't really a religion, it's more of a broad term that encompasses Christ-centric religions such as Catholicism and the hundreds of Protestant sects that have abounded since the reformation. There are some significant differences between Catholicism and Protestantism, such as whether or not Mary is a saint/holy, interpretations of Biblical morality, and the role of clergy.
Um, what?

Seriously this is news to me. How are catholics more conservative than protestants?

Catholicism does have more order and strictess to it, it's more of an organization so to speak. But I know of more liberal Catholics than I know of liberal Protestants.

Isn't that, I dunno, one of the reasons protestants think catholics are the embodiment of pure evil?

Anyway, the only good reason I think people can argue that catholicism is different from christianity is that they pray to other divine beings outside of the Holy Trinity. Like the Virgin Mary and Saint Peter. Some might even argue that it's a polytheistic religion.

That's probably what Vanilla had in mind.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 10-14-2009 at 05:51 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote