Music Banter - View Single Post - bacon wrapped, deep fried, butter
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

i used to scoff at john mayer,....my only refrecence was that wonderland body song

but then i saw him at the crossroads guitar fest back in 2004,....

i was workin at a little dinner in town, and my friend david came in and told me his dad bailed on goin and he couldnt think of anyone who would want to put up with the day but me,.....so i covered my shift right then, threw on some blue jeans i found in the floor of my truck bought a cheap tank top at a truck stop on the way and took off to dallas

it stormed on us the whole way, which is one reason i didnt really worry about clothing,.....i knew no matter what i would just get wet

i'd been to festivals before,....but normally it just involved dancein around in a circle, or layin on a blanket,.....it was about the music, but also about the people around me,.....cross roads was different for me

i grew up on classic rock,...and to stand there and see joe walsh, james taylor, clapton, jeff ****in beck, jj cale, buddy guy, honeyboy edwards, santana,......it was epic to me,....

but as i stood there, i remember this guy in two polo shirts with poped collars comes out,....and just starts groovein,....just starts playin,....and he's makein these crazy faces,.....maybe it was that night,....maybe it was the high i felt just being there,....but i got john mayer right then,....

he's an amazing guitarist,....and he just,....he feels it,...its not theory, its not technical,....i really believe for him, its divine,....and i felt that,...

so you say john mayer's commin to town? sign my ass up

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote