Music Banter - View Single Post - 50 conservative songs
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Automatic Slim
Music Addict

(Disclosure: I'm a libertarian.)

To put it mildly, Miller was stretching the definition of 'conservative'. I thought his suggestion of 'Godzilla' was hilarious, though. I can just see Rush Limbaugh and Cal Thomas doing the Godzilla Stomp!

I once put together a playlist for a Republican friend:

1. My Kingdom - Megadeth; Dave quotes gun-guru Jeff Cooper: "No man who is false can win in combat against the truth". There's also the line "I am given the right to bear arms...". Dave also sounds pretty pro-God on this song, with Eucharistic imagery.
2. Blackmail the Universe - Megadeth; Dave says nuke the Middle East: "Awaken those sleeping giants in the dust of the earth!" At least it could be interpreted that way.
3. United Abominations -Megadeth; very anti-U.N. song; There's also the line: "Only fools really stand up and lay down their arms. No, not me while death lasts forever."
4. Amerikastan - Megadeth; I can imagine D*** Cheney listening to this song and chuckling evilly.
5. Reign of Terror - Sabaton; praising Gulf War I
6. Panzer Battalion - Sabaton; praising Gulf War II
7. Counterstrike - Sabaton; The song takes the side of Israel in the 6 Day War, appealing to religious conservatives.
8. Purple Heart - Sabaton; praises veterans
9. Don't Tread on Me - Metallica; peace through strength
10. Red, White, and Blue - Judas Priest; kind of patriotic
11. United - Judas Priest; same as above.
12. Rooster - Alice in Chains; sympathetic treatment of a Vietnam veteran

Yes, it relies heavily on Megadeth and Sabaton. I might have thrown in something by Rush, but Geddy Lee sings like a girl.

I'm a bit surprised no one has snarkily suggested a NSBM band.