Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #118 (permalink)
dark shadow
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
I don't believe My Face Can't Be Felt had any autotune, and that's the last one I remember him putting out. But coolzville. When did you start staying on top of Lil Wayne's output anyway?

Oh yeah, T Pain! How'd i forget that guy.???

Annnyway. Yeah, I understand that they used it before, but for (somewhat) more legitimate reasons. I take from it that you think autotune will become a prevalent force in music; I doubt people would really like hearing nasty autotune voice coming out on every song. Good singing voices are still appreciated, ya dig?
I understand the point your making and good singing voices will be appreciated. While the talent will still be out there, eventually auto-tune and audio-manipulation software like it will become advanced to the point where we can "create" a good singing voice out nothing, or out of a random voice that says some lyrics. I think music will follow a path much like we see with photo-enhancement software creating unrealistic standards for magazine ads out of good looking but average women. While "auto-tune" as it exists now will likely burn out and die(According to Jay-Z) I think that programs like it will continue to be a force in music. And yes, for the most part before the current outbreak of auto-tune and vocoder, it was used much more modestly to tweak the pitch slightly to make it sound more appealing.
dark shadow is offline   Reply With Quote