Music Banter - View Single Post - bacon wrapped, deep fried, butter
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

i hate to say it, but yes i am one of those who's life was changed by pat green,...
up until high school my texas music love affair was fueled by those my mother introduced me too,.....those she grew up listenin too
jerry jeff
guy clark
towens van zant

aside from robert earl keen and lyle lovett, the scene was dead

and then came pat green

beer drinkin, pick up trucks, being texan,.....ok ok i know what you are thinkin, but i eat that up sometimes

i saw pat not too long ago,....the first time i ever saw him was at gruene hall, and this time was at gruene hall,....it was like goin back to where it all started over for me,....that very moment i immersed myself in this scene i hold so dear

and while i've not purchased a pat album since wave on wave (and he hopped a bus to nashvegas) i was excited to revisit those old songs that still remain so comfortable

brandon and i were passing gruene hall as we walked to dinner, next door at the grist mill, and once you got close enough you could here carry on coming out of the building,....

i stopped dead in my tracks,....."oh my god brandon we are seeing pat green at gruene hall" and i repeated this several times and i even tried to look through the cracks of the building to see him,...this was the show for the 75 buck tickets that were sold out before we got to them,.....

i thought this was my usual excitement for a show... like when i see lucero, or guy clark, or jerry jeff

after dinner we got in line at 807pm they let us in at 9pm

im excited
i'm freakin out,....i'm so excited to see pat, to have that moment back

we grab some drinks and grab a spot center stage,.....at the old table i always sit at,....the one with my name carved in it at least half a dozen times,.....the one that marks milestones in my life, relationships come and gone, road trips taken with friends,.....what i wouldnt give to own that table someday

40 minutes pass

pat starts up take me out to the dancehall

in a matter of maybe 60 seconds the last decade came full circle

i remember being a teenager wanting to see pat green sooo bad it hurt but I wasn't old enough or no one wanted to go with me or I didn't know how to drive any where but a dirt road

10 years of
good times
bad times
hard times
responsible times
reckless times

10 years of
friends
enemies
love
fear
hope
needs
wants

10 years of
broken dreams
dreams come true

i would sit in my pick up and dream of seeing what I was living this night,....it was everything i dreamed and more and we weren't even half way through the first song yet

ive gone from a carefree teenager to working through a rough transition into adult hood

i feel brandon scratch at the small of my back and then squeeze on my hand i calm down and was just like wow i am really happy right now...

pat didn't even get through,...

"it's going to be late, hell we might not make it back at all"

and i was full stream crying,....shinner bock in hand

i don't know what happened

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote