Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Song Shuffle
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #576 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

lots of classic rock stuff in there. can't argue with choosing bowie in that list.

i haven't done this in a while so here it goes again. i tend to skip repeats by a band in cases like this (and any personal mp3s), deal with it, my shuffle has a bias haha

1 - Frank Zappa - king kong itself - it hurts knowing that this will change shortly. saddened that it isn't just one long track.

2 - Zero 7 - the space between - had to skip 2 more zappa tracks to get here. the band was still most definitely trying to channel the brit version of Air with this track. holy crap there's still another 2 minutes...

3 - Fantomas - Book 1 Page 12 - refreshment

4 - Boards of Canada - Unknown Track2 (live at the warp) - this one is awesome. it's like a prototype mini-geogaddy. although some dude's phone rings at 2:30 haha.

5 - RHCP - Special Secret Song Inside - i have this on a mix disc at work. was as an example of old school funk and the fact that they would connect some Ezy-E to it live. somehow avoided an HR issue by having it playing with female co-workers around once hahaha. but Hillel is seriously funking that crap out before going total hendrix haha.

6 - the Butthole Surfers - Ricky - the first time i ever heard this song and band was at the start of the chili pepper's bootleg i got in the summer of grade 11 ('93). the bootleg was called 'positive magik' and only had info about the chili peppers live in italy in 92 so BSSM tour. it was going to be my first taste of live pepper's, suffice to say when this track started i was more than a little bothered. once i realized there actually WAS a chili pepper show after the 3rd track things got cooler. still took me a few months just to find out who the band was, years for the song names haha.

7 - Tool - Vicarious - preach about that TV Maynard.

8 - Luscious Jackson - Under Your Skin - wow i haven't heard this mix in forever. this band was awesome. i actually own all their cds only missing a single or two haha. wiki says this is probably the Tchad Blake mix. pulling in Naked Eye now. that ended harshly...

9 - Smashing Pumpkins - Thrity Three - haven't heard this song in forever. it's aged well to my ears for the most part.

10 - The Beatles - Everybody's got Something to Hide Except me and my Monkey - indeed.

truth be told i had to skip about a half dozen zappa tunes in there. at least. it's like you almost need to make a zappa-less list if you get the discography. either way that BoC track gets the bold, even with the ringing phone and the loud talker (thankfully brief for the few times she squawks). although that luscious jackson mix is a really close second haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote