Music Banter - View Single Post - A Passage In Time - Dead Can Dance Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 05:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

I think I've actually seen that Baraka clip when I was looking for Host Of Seraphim on youtube. If it's the one I'm thinking, you're right, it is a very spellbinding piece, especially when it's coupled with footage like that. I agree the cover's a brilliant piece of work too. From what I've seen of them, DCD are one of those artists who used such consistently great sleeve art throughout their whole discography (the Future Sound Of London are another one that instantly spring to mind, who sometimes I think of as a more kind of urban, English version of DCD, if that makes any sense). Makes me wish I could get hold of the 12" copies instead of scrounging around for MP3s as I have done

I did listen to Spiritchaser last night. There are some beautiful songs like Song Of the Nile and Song Of the Dispossessed on it, but I agree it seems weaker considering I heard it after getting through the Serpent's Egg twice in a row. I definitely need some more albums from this lot though, so I think I'll do as you suggest and at least fill in the gaps from them in chronological order.

And Zarko, I'll be looking forward to your next update of this, whenever you can manage it
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote