Music Banter - View Single Post - Some stuff from me to you,skank!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
kouki
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshat View Post
The positive is that it seems really random--which means I get the impression that you actually feel what your writing....at the same time it's hard to make anything out of it and it feels like more of a rant than poetry or lyrics. The only way I could make any kind of judgement is if I actually heard you sing it, because conviction goes a hell of a long way.

...also "I guess lead in your diet is not good for your health" seems really awkward.
Thanks for the input man.I guess you can call it a rant too LOL.Why does the "lead in your diet" part seem awkward? I wrote it kinda jokingly,I have a sick mind LOL.Ive heard too much of stuff is bad,such as to much fiber,iron,protein.In this case the guy had to much "lead" aka bullets.The story behind this is I was driving from work to my house and the cops barricaded the avenue that gets me to home.When I saw that I automatically thought f*ck did they kill someone again? (Because the week before that they had killed a guy not even a block away)Turns out tho that it wasnt a dude that was shot,but a lady that was trying to cross the ave and some dumb a** ran her and the kids over.That shi* got me so pissed.I didnt change the words on my "poem" tho because its the mentality of living here.You automatically think violence or someone was shot.The song or poem(or rant LOL) doesnt have a climax to "I made it,im out! " because im still here. I wanted to show the mentality and the desperation of living here,kind of a story of surviving in the jungle.

Oops, sorry that im rambling on,hopefully it cleared up some stuff.Again,thanks for the input.I might change some things around later on,im too lazy right now tho.LOL

Last edited by kouki; 10-18-2009 at 07:51 AM.
kouki is offline   Reply With Quote