Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Country Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #50 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Ah, so that's where that Emmylou song you told me about comes from! I've been on the lookout for some good more good soundtracks lately, so I may just have to give this one a go. Especially with Emmylou being on it (hers being far and away one of my favourite in country music and all). All of which reminds me, I should probably talk up one of her albums in this 'ere thread sometime soon.

Funny you should mention Willie being no actor, as I can't remember any musician who's consistently as spellbinding on the silver screen as they are behind a pair of stereo speakers. Tom Waits' performance as Renfield in Dracula was quite good (unfortunately the rest of the film was awful), and David Bowie did so well in his lead role in Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (one of my favourite ever war movies that). As for most of the rest of the films I've seen him in, it was like watching a chair giving the odd monologue every now and then.

Anyway, nice short 'n' sweet review that. As soon as I'm over the Dead Can Dance bender I'm on now, I'll have a look for it
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote