Music Banter - View Single Post - Your opinion of the best singer of all time
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
You can't honestly be playing this card, or we would effectively have to credit the first person who ever sang as being the best singer ever, and incidentally better than anyone else who ever sang after him. Nobody is totally original with anything they do, so it's not fair to say that Bob Dylan and Roy Orbison are better than John Lennon simply because he "learned everything from [those] guys." Obviously they weren't totally original either.
It's in Art ... in general ...
It's the same reason why I don't like many bands. Their songs may be great aesthetically, but that's not what matters. It is the originality of the song, or the band, or here the performance.
That's why I hate Michael Bublé, I don't care that his voice is so charming or whatever. He just sings like Sinatra and we already have a Sinatra.
When someone isn't offering anything original, why go to him, just go to the source.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote