Music Banter - View Single Post - Motown vs Stax
Thread: Motown vs Stax
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
krissi
Groupie

i dont think you can put issac in the 'stax' category.... for me its mainly weak soul with no drive.... the singers are good admittedly but still its not real for me....

u cant say dock of the bay has anywhere near the lyrical content of whats going on or living for the city etc....

issac was controlled and forced to obey throughout his time at stax.... it wasnt until he released hot buttered soul and shaft ost etc that he realised he was the label lol

im really annoyed that stax are winning this poll!

apart from the wilson/booker t/issac stuff i think stax is a really weak label to be honest.... i think the best stax would have ended up at atlantic anyway! i agree with their business ethics but they did go bankrupt as a result, and again treated ike like sh!t

the only REAL talent on stax for me are the female singers like Carla Thomas / Wendy Rene / Deanie Parker etc.. and theyre not even mentioned here!

cant believe you lot would put sam and dave over stevie wonder lol thats shameful !

i agree with right track (again).... add Checker/Chess to the poll and ill vote for that!!

Last edited by krissi; 10-18-2009 at 08:40 PM.
krissi is offline   Reply With Quote