Music Banter - View Single Post - Self Reflection
Thread: Self Reflection
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Is anyone going through a huge period of self reflection at the moment? Or if you have already passed it, what was it like to go through? How have you changed as a person from years before? What defines you as a person?

I'm keen to see what you guys are saying to I can comment as I relate to what you're saying. It's nice to see what others are facing for either preparation or guidance if you're going through it too.
at the moment, no.

in the past, most definitely.

what's it like going through it? never the same thing twice.

does it change you? absolutely.

what defines me? my self.

i think the biggest mistake anyone can make is to think they're 'done' that they've reached a final stage of anything. it strikes me as a very common thing in the so-called western society. like the concept that going through puberty and living long enough to not have 'teen' attached to your age somehow equates adulthood. physically it's true but mentally... i didn't feel like an 'adult' until i went through a few more serious introspective periods and i see LOTS of so-called adults who do little more than adhere to the standards they established for themselves as teens or to the ones currently being sold to kids, desperately trying to hold onto being 19 for as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote