Music Banter - View Single Post - Bono and Live Aid
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lu_Galasso
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
^ I disagree to an extent. The thing that bugs me about Bono is the fact that he wants, or seems to want credit for his good deeds. He's really arrogant and goes out of his way to say, "Look at me, look how much good stuff I'm doing for the world, aren't I great?!" There are so many more musicians/ famous people who have done a great deal for the underprivileged but they don't make a huge thing out of it; they do it because they generally care. Bono is also one of the biggest hyporcites in the media I have ever come across. One example I can think of is the fact that he moved U2's publishing company from Ireland to the Netherlands to avoid tax, shortly after claiming that Irish taxes should be increased so that more of it could be donated to charity. If he does generally care about what he says he cares about then he certainly isn't portraying that attitude.
I couldn't agree more. There are plenty of fantastic musicians out there (who haven't been reusing the same guitar licks over and over for thirty years to boot) who have done tons for charity, without making a big deal out of rubbing shoulders with Kofi Annan. One of these days this guy is going to win a Nobel Prize or something, and then the moon will be dragged into the earth by the gravitational force of his ego.
Lu_Galasso is offline   Reply With Quote