Music Banter - View Single Post - The Vietnam War
Thread: The Vietnam War
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
It's not a current event, thats for sure. But it was once the most polarizing topic in America, and it continues to stir debate and controversy today. I'm sure that most of us know the reasons for, and the outcome of the war.

Practices on both sides of the conflict were appalling, both sides killed innocent people in cold blood. I'm sure I don't have to eleborate,

Personally I feel sympathetic for the Veterans that returned, only to be harrassed and made the subject of hatred. Most of them did no wrong, many of them acted out of duty, and yet were tormented by what took place there for years. I actually have a lot of family that served.

What is your opinion of this war? Although it was a failure, was the effort exerted into it (human lives being the most prominate resource sacraficed) worth what they were trying to accomplish (containment of communism)? Or do you think (like I do) that red paranoia led to one of the most massive disasters in U.S military history?
how badly do you want the 60's back? And at what point will you realize you're living in better tiems now.